October 16, 2020

 Classroom Blog

October16, 2020


Reminder:  Please take your child’s temperature in the morning for health screening.


Meeting Sign UP

If at any time you would like to meet please send me an email and I would be happy to meet with you at 8:30am. I will send out a link as needed.


Homework

  •  read for 20 minutes each night. Half of the reading time should be out loud. 

  • Math test corrections

  • A homework slip will go home on Tuesday so students will know daily expectations


.


Science 

We are continuing  our first unit, Power of Flower.  The students and I are very thankful for the apples that were sent in for our science experiment. 


Reading

We continue our learning on understanding Main Idea. We are diving into our text and looking for clues and learning strategies to help us find the main idea in a text. 


  • I am also encouraging students to stick with one book and read it cover to cover. 


Writing

Students are working on writing a nonfiction piece on bees and flowers. Students will be using their notes from science to help develop the essay.


Math

We did not got to take the test on #NBT1-3. The test will be Tuesday and will go home by the end of the week for revisions. 


Halloween

I need some help planning the Halloween celebration we will be having in class on October 30.

We are in need of: 

  1.  Fun Morning snack (donut holes or fruit would be good ideas)

  2. Fun Afternoon snack

  3. Halloween / Harvest craft 

  4. Mini and large marshmallows ( for STEM building activity)

  5. Toothpicks ( for STEM building Activity)

If you would like to send something else in that is fine just let me know


School information

Popular posts from this blog

April 12

March 24

October 30