October 23
Classroom Blog
October 23, 2020
Reminder: Please take your child’s temperature in the morning for health screening.
Meeting Sign UP
If at any time you would like to meet please send me an email and I would be happy to meet with you at 8:30am. I will send out a link as needed.
Homework
read for 20 minutes each night. Half of the reading time should be out loud.
A homework slip will go home Monday
.
Science
We are finishing our first unit, Power of Flower. We are making connections and writing paragraphs about what we have learned.
Reading
Next week students will be focusing on presentation and fluency by doing readers theater.
I am encouraging students to do a two page recording of their reading on the My Guided Readers website. The link is in Google Classroom.
Writing
Students are working on writing science paragraphs and will be continuing with some free writing time next week.
Math
This week we move into our study of telling time and calculating elapsed time. IXL T.3-8
Halloween
I need some help planning the Halloween celebration we will be having in class on October 30.
We are in need of:
Halloween / Harvest craft
If you would like to send some candy for a take home treat that would be fine. I am sure the kids would enjoy it.
School information
Brown School Blog (Anything you will need to know about returning to Brown can be found here. Awesome resource!)
Third Grade Resources (Sample report card, learning goals and scales, reading at home resources)