November 6, 2020

 Classroom Blog

November 6, 2020


Reminder:  Please take your child’s temperature in the morning for health screening.


Meeting Sign UP

If at any time you would like to meet please send me an email and I would be happy to meet with you at 8:30am. I will send out a link as needed. I will also have other times available on Thursday of next week if that works better for you. Just email me with your availability.


Homework

  •  read for 20 minutes each night. Half of the reading time should be out loud. 

  • A homework slip will go home Monday

  • We will be finishing our three Paragraph Thanksgiving essays by Wednesday

.


Social Studies

We finished reading Trader’s In Time and learning about the different groups of Native Americans that lived in our part of Michigan.  I think all the students enjoyed the book and delving into Michigan history. 


Reading

 Next week we start working on a new comprehension strategy. We will be looking at the sequence of events and identifying the important information in a text. 


  • I am encouraging students to do a two page recording of their reading on the My Guided Readers website. The link is in Google Classroom.


Writing

Students will finish writing a three paragraph essay about Thanksgiving. The assignment  and research resources will be on Google Classroom.


Math

We have started our study of multiplication and division. It would be a good time to start memorizing those facts. 


BookFaire Teacher Wish List

Book Fair Wish List Link



School information


Popular posts from this blog

April 12

March 24

April 30, 2021